Cake Competition Sponsored by The Province of Cheshire Freemasons
This is your chance to show off your baking skills with a fabulous cake competition! You’ve seen the showstoppers on the Bakeoff now it’s your time to shine!
There are three different categories for our Cake Competition as follows:
Class 1: A display of 8 decorated cupcakes
Age Group: 7yrs and under
Design, bake and decorate a group of 8 cupcakes in a flavour of your choice. Cakes are to be covered in any suitable edible material. All decorations must be edible. Cake stands permitted
Class 2: Chocolate Cake
Age group: 12 years and under
Design, bake and decorate an 8”/20cm single or double tiered round chocolate sponge cake. Cakes are to be covered in any suitable edible material. All decorations must be edible. Cake stands permitted.
Class 3: Cake to Celebrate Northern Lights 30th Birthday
Age Group: Any
Design, bake and decorate an 8”/20cm up to 9”/23cm single or double tiered round or square cake of your choice. Cakes are to be covered in any suitable edible material. All decorations must be edible. Cake stands permitted.
NB. All cakes are to be baked from scratch. No bought cake mixes please!!
Remember for Class 3, it’s our 30th birthday, we are celebrating big time and are looking for a showstopper birthday cake – made by you! So, whether you’re a cake-decorating novice or bit of a whizz, enjoy whipping up creamy concoctions, lavishing layered designs, or fruity creations, turn your favourite idea into the perfect celebration cake for Northern Lights! Think Northern Lights, think Lapland, think 30 years – so let your creativity go wild!
- All entry forms must be received by 8th July 2017
- The cake competition will be in the marquee
- Entries must be on display by 1.00 pm on Carnival Day
- Only competitor and 1 helper in the set up area
- Judging will take place at 2.30 pm on Carnival Day
- Cakes are to be judged for both flavour and appearance
- Results and prize giving at approximately 4.00pm
- No sharing of exhibits online or through social media until after the competition, or your exhibit may be disqualified
- The organisers are not responsible for loss or damage to exhibits
- Cakes are to be collected after 4.00 pm
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd in each class
- All entrants will receive a certificate