The Children We Help
We take children from all over the North West on our trips including; Cheshire, Merseyside, North Wales, Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Be between the ages of 6.0 to 10.5 years old
- Have the Doctor’s/Consultant’s permission to travel
- Be physically fit enough to enjoy the holiday
- Be fully mobile, the terrain in Lapland makes it difficult for wheelchairs
- Not have been on a trip like this before with any other charity
- Be free of inpatient treatment except medication for at least 6 months
- Be happy to be away from their parents/carers for 5 nights
Children are identified and nominated by hospitals and schools using the criteria above. The nomination is then verified by Doctors / Consultants.
Join our community
Get the latest news and updates about Northern Lights Charity on our social media channels.
The Inform Team walked the line for Northern Lights Children’s Charity We’re so chuffed to have successfully completed our challenge! We walked the London Underground Circle Line for Northern Lights Children’s Charity. From across the country,...
Plan Your Day With just over 1 week to go its time to get planning to make the most of the day at the Carnival. There’s so much going on you’ll want to get organised and get there as early as possible! Things kick off shortly after the gates open on Sunday 8th...
Introducing the Judges of the Art & Crafts Competition The judges for our Art & Crafts Competition have been carefully selected from local artisan businesses. Their knowledge, skills and expertise will be used to identify 1st, 2nd and 3rd...
Secretary and founding member of Northern Lights Children’s Charity receives MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2018 We are delighted to announce that Alan Johnson, Secretary of Northern Lights, has been recognised with an MBE in the...