The Children We Help
We take children from all over the North West on our trips including; Cheshire, Merseyside, North Wales, Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Be between the ages of 6.0 to 10.5 years old
- Have the Doctor’s/Consultant’s permission to travel
- Be physically fit enough to enjoy the holiday
- Be fully mobile, the terrain in Lapland makes it difficult for wheelchairs
- Not have been on a trip like this before with any other charity
- Be free of inpatient treatment except medication for at least 6 months
- Be happy to be away from their parents/carers for 5 nights
Children are identified and nominated by hospitals and schools using the criteria above. The nomination is then verified by Doctors / Consultants.
Join our community
Get the latest news and updates about Northern Lights Charity on our social media channels.
Introducing the Judges of the Art & Crafts Competition The judges for our Art & Crafts Competition have been carefully selected from local artisan businesses. Their knowledge, skills and expertise will be used to identify 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes from...
Secretary and founding member of Northern Lights Children’s Charity receives MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2018 We are delighted to announce that Alan Johnson, Secretary of Northern Lights, has been recognised with an MBE in the...
What would it be like to have more self-belief, confidence and happiness which lead to better relationships and good times? My name is Alison Blackler and I am a Wirral based Mind Coach. Spreading the word, inspiring others to be reach their...
We are JD Aerial Fitness Academy A Pole, Aerial and Strength Fitness Academy based in Birkenhead. JD Aerial Fitness Academy is a circus style fitness gym teaching all different types of circus classes, we are a fast-growing gym and provide a...