The Children We Help
We take children from all over the North West on our trips including; Cheshire, Merseyside, North Wales, Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Be between the ages of 6.0 to 10.5 years old
- Have the Doctor’s/Consultant’s permission to travel
- Be physically fit enough to enjoy the holiday
- Be fully mobile, the terrain in Lapland makes it difficult for wheelchairs
- Not have been on a trip like this before with any other charity
- Be free of inpatient treatment except medication for at least 6 months
- Be happy to be away from their parents/carers for 5 nights
Children are identified and nominated by hospitals and schools using the criteria above. The nomination is then verified by Doctors / Consultants.
Join our community
Get the latest news and updates about Northern Lights Charity on our social media channels.
Our 2018 Barn Dance saw the same level of yee-haw, toe tappin’, straw coverin’ delight as we filled the hall with cowboy & cowgirls of all ages for an evening of dancing to the live music & calling of Shave The Donkey.
Karen Jones, Chairman of Northern Lights, welcomed guests providing a brief history of the charity which has now provided Lapland holidays for over 500 children with life limiting illnesses and raised nearly £1m. 2017 will end with 30 more children having been taken...
The Northern Lights Children's Charity has hit the magic £1 million milestone – with a record breaking black tie Ball raising over £11,000 to help reach their target. Since Northern Lights Children's Charity (formerly the Christopher Johnson Fund) was...
Chairman and Co-Founder of Northern Lights Children’s Charity Receives an MBE in 2018 New Year Honours List
We are delighted to announce that Karen Jones, Chairman of Northern Lights, has been recognised with a MBE in the Queen’s New Year Honours 2018 for her services to children with life limiting illnesses in the North West and North Wales. Over three decades Karen has...